Join us for our Annual Conference on February 8th in Alliston, ON! This year’s theme is Natural Connections, where we will be exploring our relationship with Ontario’s forests.
Online registration will close on February 5th, 2019, but walk-in registrations are welcome on the day of the event.
Our forests are deeply rooted in our daily lives, our histories and our cultures. Our well-being—past, present and future—is intrinsically intertwined with this vital resource. However, our forests are increasingly impacted by ever-changing factors; societal, economic and environmental. Understanding our connection to our forests, and how our forests define our relationships with one another, is critical to the continued sustainable management of this incredible resource. Join us as we explore these relationships and ensure healthy forests and communities for our future!
The Forests Ontario Annual General Meeting will be taking place on Friday, February 8th from 7:45am-8:45am, prior to the opening of conference. To RSVP or for more information, contact Ruth.
We’re excited to welcome several knowledgeable and passionate speakers to this year’s conference. For more information on session topics, check out the full agenda.*
Confirmed speakers include:
- John Pineau – FPInnovations
- David Moses – Moses Structural Engineers
- Max Torossi – Ontario Wood WORKS! (a program of the Canadian Wood Council)
- Myles Sergeant – Wayside House/Trees for Hamilton
- Jade Schofield – Operations & Environmental Services, Town of Ajax
- Phil Davies – Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
- Graeme Davis/Will Cox – County of Simcoe
- Ethan Huner – Algonquins of Ontario
- Natalia Moudrak – Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation, University of Waterloo
- Derek Nighbor – Forest Products Association of Canada
- Lynette Mader – Ducks Unlimited Canada
- Lacey Rose & Jessica Kaknevicius – Women in Wood
- Al Spacek – Former Mayor of Kapuskasing/President of Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities
- Jim Rook – Municipality of Killarney
- Ontario Regional Chief RoseAnne Archibald – Chiefs of Ontario
- Ray Bonenberg – Mapleside Sugar Bush/International Maple Syrup Institute
- Danielle Lachance – Trent University
*Please note that the agenda is subject to change.
Every year, Forests Ontario brings together more than 400 landowners, forestry professionals, students, educators and those passionate about our forests to explore key issues. Over the past 68 years, we have explored challenges to our biodiversity, the value of forests to our health and well-being, and the importance of our forests to our communities. Join us every February as an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor, and take part in Ontario’s largest forestry conference.
The Forests Ontario Conference will be held at the Nottawasaga Inn, located in Alliston, 1 hour north of Toronto. For accommodations, please contact the Nottawasaga Inn directly. A conference rate is available until January 1st, 2018.
Alliston Direct: 705-435-5501
Toronto Direct: 416-364-5068
Toll Free (except 416, 905, 705): 1-800-669-5501