Forests Ontario is pleased to offer students a new way to engage with the Ontario Envirothon program through our online Presentation Challenge!
The Presentation Challenge is modeled after the presentation component of a regional Ontario Envirothon event. A key part of the Envirothon program challenges students to work on their communication, collaboration and problem solving skills by coming up with a solution to an environmental challenge and presenting this to a panel of judges. The Presentation Challenge will allow students from across Ontario to participate online a for a chance to win a spot at the Ontario Envirothon Championship.
- Grab your team of 5 high school buddies
- Contact email@example.com to register your team. There is no cost to participate!
- Download the Presentation Challenge Scenario – focused on the 2020 Current Issue – Waste Management
- Research, plan, and develop your video presentation – we encourage you to be creative!
- Post your video to YouTube by deadline.
Things to consider:
- Each team is only allowed to submit 1 video for consideration and videos are not to exceed 15 minutes.
- Videos will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges to determine the winner.
- Looking for tips for your presentation? Check out this video of past Envirothon presentations!
The Presentation Challenge winners will be invited to compete at the 2020 Ontario Envirothon Championships.
Teams are encouraged to access past Ontario Envirothon study guides and resource materials to prepare their presentation. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions and Rules and Regulations documents for more details.
- Scenario Released – TBD
- Video submission deadline – TBD
- Winner announced – TBD