IMPORTANT UPDATES: Program and deadline modifications have been made in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please see below for more details.
The Presentation Challenge is modeled after the presentation component of a regional Ontario Envirothon event. A key part of the Envirothon program, the presentation component challenges students to refine their communication, collaboration and problem solving skills by coming up with a solution to an environmental challenge and presenting this to a panel of judges. The Presentation Challenge will allow students from across Ontario to participate online and improve their presentation and critical thinking skills.
- Virtually connect with your team of 5 high school buddies
- Complete and return your Team Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your team. There is no cost to participate!
- Download the Presentation Challenge Scenario – focused on the 2020 Current Issue – Waste Management
- Research, plan, and remotely develop your video presentation – we encourage you to be creative!
- Share your video via a viewable link with email@example.com by the submission deadline.
Things to consider:
- Teams participating in the Presentation Challenge must work on their submissions remotely. After drafting your presentations, we are recommending three possible methods of creating a presentation.
- Individually record presentation segments and clip them together to make a single video using video editing software;
- Use an online chat platform that can record your presentation (i.e. Google Hangouts, Zoom) to create the video digitally;
- Prepare a slideshow video and add an audio track of each team member recording their part over their slides.
- Each team is allowed to submit 1 video for consideration and videos are not to exceed 15 minutes.
- Videos will be reviewed by a panel of expert judges to determine the winner.
- Looking for tips for your presentation? Check out this video of past Envirothon presentations!
Teams are encouraged to access past Ontario Envirothon study guides and resource materials to prepare their presentation. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions and Rules and Regulations documents for more details.
- Scenario Released – February 24th, 2020
- Video submission deadline – April 30th, 2020
- Winner announced – May 8th, 2020