Bring environmental education into your classroom
We are excited to offer Envirothon Webinars as an additional opportunity for students. Webinars are free to attend and open to all students, regardless of their participation in the Envirothon program. Webinar dates and registration information will be posted as it becomes available.
Dec. 10th, 2019, 10:00 am – Climate Change & the Need for Action
Providing an introduction to global and local climate change including the impacts climate change has on lands, soils, forests, wildlife, and water. This session will highlight climate adaptation and mitigation actions that can be applied to a broad range of sectors to help minimize impacts to the environment, our society and the economy.
Nov. 4th, 2019, 11:00 am – Bird & Wildlife Monitoring: Integrating Proven Methods & New Technology to Monitor Wildlife
Featuring a speaker from Bird Studies Canada this webinar will explore a variety of practical methods commonly applied to wildlife for environmental monitoring including wildlife capture and release as well as population monitoring and the role of citizen science.
- VIDEO – Coming Soon!
- Agroecology: Feeding the World – VIDEO
- Climate Change in Ontario – VIDEO
- Creating Planet-Friendly Food & Farms – VIDEO
- Farming Practices: The Importance of Healthy Soils – VIDEO
- Food Systems & Climate Change – VIDEO
- Growing in a Changing Climate – VIDEO
- Get the Dirt on Soils – VIDEO
- Let It Bee: Conserving Wild Bees – VIDEO
- Pests and Pathogens: What’s Next for Ontario’s Forests – VIDEO
- Second Nature: Job Creation Through Biological Emulation – VIDEO
- Soil Detective Work: Reading a Soil Profile – VIDEO
- Soil Fertility: A Brief Overview – VIDEO
- Soil Texture: An Overview – VIDEO
- Sustainable Farming – VIDEO